The Turffontein Precinct covers:
•Turf Club Road precinct stretches from Rosettenville node to Klipriviersberg Road; runs along southern boundary of Turffontein Racecourse.
• Phumelela Gaming & Leisure (owners of the racecourse) upgrading
racetrack perimeter fence to allow views of track to publicise amenity.
• Plans afoot to enhance same area with theme street furniture, eg,
lampposts, refuse bins, bus shelters, & enhancing street planting and
• Historic sites in area include:
- Some of JHB’s oldest houses
- Residence of serial husband-murderer Daisy de Melker
- Turffontein racecourse