The Southgate Precinct covers:
* Visitors to Johannesburg from the South and West, up to the 1960’s, would invariably pass Uncle Charlie’s Roadhouse.
* This landmark would assure them that Johannesburg was just ahead, hidden behind the golden mine dumps across the ridge.
* They would pass Baragwanath airfield, Johannesburg’s general aviation airport.
* A meal at the Johannesburg Light Plane Club would rival the best hotels for elegant dining.
* Aeroton’s Streets still follow the lines of the runways”.